Monday, December 29, 2014

Let's hold hands and maybe not sing Kumbaya - but instead make 2015 THE BEST YEAR EVER!

There is always a sense of nostalgia that surrounds this time of year. As the days have passed leading up to and following through from Christmas, I find myself in intense reflection mode - thinking about all that has happened over the past few years and what every little ounce and step have led to. 

Last year I read something around this time of year that created an overarching challenge for people to really beat out the year that had just passed and really make the new one on the horizon their best yet. As I read it, I really couldn't figure out how the hell 2014 would ever surpass 2013, given all the growth, travel and fun that it was filled with. But I set out to attempt to prove 2013 wrong and I am in shock and amazement with how my life's road has turned and swirled and traveled. 2014 has been pretty damn good, and may actually have turned directly to the face of 2013 and said "TOLD YOU I WOULD BE DAMN BETTER!"

So now as I prepare my plan, resolutions, must do's and travel lists for 2015, I am almost scared for what amazement lies ahead. I mean good is fun and amazing, but riding a wave of constant ups, definitely has moments that make you catch your breath and almost side and back step to make sure you aren't setting yourself up for some massive fall that lies ahead. 

But as I ease my way through it, I keep thinking about what would make 2015 a remarkable year and all that keeps resonating in my head is - DO MORE OF THE THINGS I LOVE AND REALLY LIVE THEM. I am one of those helpless wanderers and adventurers. You can put me in any situation, location or adventure and even with a picky diet and somewhat pretentious behaviour at times I will thrive and survive. However, the risk of being one of these people is that you love everything you do and instead of focusing on what you really love you tend to spread energy into things you like, but don't necessarily make you feel passionate about life. So this year I am going to trim the fat and focus on things to really bring to life who I want to be in this world, at least for 2015. 

And with that comes two things.

First thing - I love to write. But with 2014 being a year of transition for me, my writing sometimes took a back seat to life. Which is fine, but it means that I lost out on my most favourite outlet that this life could ever give me. So with that I am vowing to make 2015 a year of serious writing and not just my usual rants, but really a year that takes my blog to the level I want it to go to. I have somewhat figured out where I see myself 10-15 years from now, and have just sort of asked myself - to start getting there now. SO with that comes the second thing. 

I want this blog to be a place of inspiration and relation. And I am thankful for all the kind emails, texts and tweets that I have gotten from followers all over the globe. The fact that I am somewhat reaching people is amazing and it inspires me to keep going. And with that I shall move forward to number two which is an ASK TO ALL OF YOU OUT THERE IN CYBER SPACE!!!! Join me in a 30 day challenge beginning January 1st that focuses on helping you concentrate on making 2015 a year that you will remember and also get you on a path that makes the love and happiness you feel for life beam off you like the sun. 

Every day beginning January 1st, I will post something that aligns to an internal focus - something we should all think about as we plan for our best year yet. It can be something as small as investing in a great shampoo all the way to an attitude that we should all attempt to carry. Each will come in the form of my typical ranting ways, but will hopefully give you all something to think about and include / incorporate into your plans for 2015. 

Feel free to follow along through my blog, Instagram (@therunningshoediaries) and twitter (@RnningShoeDiary). 

Can't wait to get 2015 started and begin this challenge with you all!! Wishing you all an AMAZING end to 2014 and AN EVEN BIGGER HELLO to 2015. 

Here is to making 2015 the best year yet for all of us. 
- A 

No comments:

Post a Comment