Tuesday, April 15, 2014

SNAPPPPPY HAPPPPY!!! #100HappyDays

What?
We live in times when super-busy schedules have become something to boast about. While the speed of life increases, there is less and less time to enjoy the moment that you are in. The ability to appreciate the moment, the environment and yourself in it, is the base for the bridge towards long term happiness of any human being.#100happydays

The running shoe diaries a name / concept / whatever it is you would like to call it, emerged as a declaration on my behalf to step away from the rush rush of the every day and actually take a moment to enjoy life. You know savour that walk into work, allow time for meditation and reflection and most importantly "be present".  Its been a year and a half since I started this process and its amazing how at times even I feel like my brain can just shut down. I used to be this person who's mind raced all over the place, planning and thinking about the next step. And suddenly I have slowed down to a pace that even at times shocks me. My sweaty palms are no more, the anxiety has decreased to less then zero and instead this "whatever is meant to happen, shall happen" approach to life has taken over. 

But even I am not perfect, and yes I am admitting that on this inter web of a place. So with a move to a massive city with no real plan and a hope that good old fate will take me to where I meant to end up, this automatic feeling of rushing to settle in and get life started has begun to take over me. The fears of being wrong, of isolating myself, or running from something that I can't even explain all take over in the moments when all this change can feel overwhelming. And while I have friends and family on the other side of the planet that commend me for making such a bold move, I know that both myself and them are stuck in these overbearing lives that even when we feel like we are in complete control we are not.

And in the midst of all this #100happydays emerges. An idea, a concept, a challenge that ties similarly to that very declaration that I made through this blog of a place. So how could I not resist? How could I not join forces with one of my nearest and dearest across the globe and make a commitment to spending not only these next 100 days being happy, but the rest of my life. And now through Instagram I am committing to capturing some of my happiest moments of each day, while becoming that annoying person that will hold up traffic, a random group of people and everything else in between as I get snappy happy :) 

So as always, with me trying to encourage everyone out there to just smile more and enjoy the moments that matter, I challenge you all to take on the #100happydays challenge - http://100happydays.com. 

As the site says, there are no material prizes to be won, but then again you can't put a price tag or value on anything like true and genuine #happiness. 

SOO WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!! GETTT SNAPPPY HAPPPY Y'ALL!!!!!

- A



No comments:

Post a Comment